File manager or browser for IMAP?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 01:20:14 EEST 2019

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On 9/23/19 8:36 PM, Steve Litt via dovecot wrote:
>> Alpine appears not to be ready for prime time to act as a window into
>> IMAP.
>
>  Wha...?  Alpine/Pine have implemented IMAP for decades; that was one
> of the first IMAP implementations to see widespread use.

Not surprising, as both the RFC for IMAP and Pine are creations of the
same person (Mark Crispin, RIP).  Both have evolved considerably, though,
but as a regular user of (al)pine, I get by just fine.

It's sort of like Emacs -- lots of cryptic keypresses, but once you
amortize the time to learn them, you can mulch through mail fairly
quickly.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>