Disable Dovecot LDA

Dauser Martin Johannes mdauser at cs.sbg.ac.at
Thu Apr 2 01:44:39 EEST 2020

+
> Is there any way to disable Dovecot LDA? I want to always send email via
> postfix and relay server even it will be a local delivery within the Dovecot
> server
>
>Thanks,
>Adam

Why should a disabled LDA or a relayhost help in this matter? Honestly, who is
sending what to where anyway?

I mean Dovecot is an IMAP-Server: It receives emails from Postfix and
mailclients connect to Dovecot to get these mails. When a mailclient sends an
email it connects to Postfix not to Dovecot, so a delivery "within Dovecot"
isn't really happening. Dovecot's LDA has options to send (bounce) mails back
to Postfix. I guess loops occur there?

WHO doesn't know that abcd at localdomain.com is located on Dovecot -- Dovecot
itself (= unknown recipient or perhaps permission problems while saving the
mail) or Postfix (= no transport to Dovecot)?

Martin