Panic due to assertion failure

Bert JW Regeer xistence at 0x58.com
Mon Apr 6 09:26:55 EEST 2020

Hey all,

I continue to receive the following messages every so often:

dovecot[93817]: imap(xistence at 0x58.com)<39982><>: Panic: file mail-storage.c: line 2122 (mailbox_get_open_status): assertion failed: (box->opened)
dovecot[93817]: imap(xistence at 0x58.com)<39982><>: Fatal: master: service(imap): child 39982 killed with signal 6 (core not dumped - https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps)

Even with core dumps enabled I haven't been able to get good information. I'm using FreeBSD and have installed dovecot from the pkg repositories

dovecot-2.3.9.3

Is the package I have installed. (I just noticed there is an update available, so I'll upgrade, but this has been happening for a long time now, across multiple versions).

What I was wondering, is there a way to rebuild all files that dovecot uses, indexes/caches/everything. Is there a doveadm command I can use for this?

Bert JW Regeer