doveadm backup into IMAP folder

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Apr 9 00:36:08 EEST 2020

Hi all,
I am migrating a number of account from an old domain to a new one. I
would like to store all imported email from the old domain under a
specific IMAP folder. For example, if having test at domain.old, I would
like to import all old email to test at domain.new/fromold.

While I succeeded using doveadm backup / dsync to successfully replicate
the old mailbox to the new one, I am unable to store all imported mail
under a specific folder. So, I have some questions:

- can the above be done?
- if yes, can you confirm that email outside the specific destination
folder will not be touched/deleted/whatever by doveadm backup?
- does a "dry-run" option exists for doveadm backup / dsync?

Thank you all.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico