doveadm replicator command

Ivo c.e4ed1a035298f9021dcfbca4d511c303 at ultra.hr
Thu Apr 9 18:58:49 EEST 2020

Can someone please explain to me what do commands "doveadm replicator
add" and "doveadm replicator remove" really do.
According to https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Replicator they "Add
the specified user(s) to the replicator." and
"Remove the specified user from replicator.".
Do they really do that?
Since the default list of users for replication comes from doveadm user
'*' (https://wiki.dovecot.org/Replication) I tried removing one user
(e.g. xyz) from replication by using "doveadm replicator remove xyz" and
it didn't work. Namely, after entering that command the only thing that
I noticed is that "doveadm replicator status xyz" does not return any
information. BUT, as soon as one mail arrives for that user "doveadm
replicator status xyz" displays valid information and mail is replicated.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

# dovecot --version
2.2.33.2 (d6601f4ec)