Load balancer for dovecot servers - Not able to send emails

Kishore Potnuru kishore.reachme at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:12:34 EEST 2020

Hi All,

I need your help on one of the issue in Dovecot.

I have the dovecot version 2.0.9 installed on RHEL linux 6.10 version. It's
a single/standalone Live server.

Now I have created another server with the same configuration for the
resilince purpose. I also tested and I am able to send the emails to both
of the dovecot servers separately/individually. They are working fine.

Now I have added those two servers under a F5 load balancer and created a
FQDN (example: testing.test.com). I changed the rules to send the traffic
to FQDN "testing.test.com", where it should redirect the email to one of
those 2 servers.

When I sent the email to FQDN "testing.test.com", I am getting the below
error.

pf1_inbd/smtp[30292]: 66A5F5F6: to=<xxxxx at yyy.com>,
relay=testing.test.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:25,
delay=13, delays=0.09/0.08/13/0, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost
connection with testing.test.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] while receiving the
initial server greeting)

Could you please let me know how to fix this issue? It's a great help for
me.

Thanks & Regards,
Kishore Potnuru