Quota calculation with MySQL backend and replication.

Reio Remma reio at mrstuudio.ee
Mon Apr 27 12:15:43 EEST 2020

Hello!

Over the weekend I converted our Dovecot server from Maildir quota to
MySQL backed quota and then provisioned a fresh replica server and
seeded it via Dovecot replication.

This morning most mailboxes were over quota, reporting twice the actual
usage. I'm fairly certain it's the effect of having sql backed quota
with both Dovecot servers using the same database.

Can anyone tell me if this is a one-off problem stemming from
replicating the 2nd server from scratch or should I be aware of other
quirks concerning sql backed quota and replication?

Thanks a bunch!
Reio