problem with a public folder

Markus Winkler ml at irmawi.de
Tue Apr 28 21:38:38 EEST 2020

Hi Dave,

thanks for the information.

On 27.04.20 21:30, David Mehler wrote:
> Thanks, yes the global-acls file is the one I'm refering to and I
> created it before all this started.
>
> Yes, the users can both login properly and can access there own inboxes.

I must admit I've run out of ideas.

Just as a test you could try the following:

(1)
In your Dovecot config change this:

plugin {
   acl = vfile:/usr/local/etc/dovecot/global-acls:cache_secs=300

to:

plugin {
   acl = vfile

(2)
In this folder:

/var/vmail/public

- create a file 'dovecot-acl' with content like this:

authenticated lrs
user=user1 at domain.com lrwstipekxa
user=user1 at domain2.com lrwstipekxa

- chown vmail:vmail dovecot-acl

- as 'TestFolder' and 'general' already exist (and therefore no
inheritance), copy 'dovecot-acl' to these two folders

- delete /var/vmail/public/dovecot-acl-list

(3)
restart Dovecot

Please check, if these modifications changed the behaviour.

Regards,
Markus