Doveadm error since 2.3.11.3 when run as unprivileged user

Arjen de Korte build+dovecot at de-korte.org
Thu Aug 13 22:55:24 EEST 2020

Citeren Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeff.sipek at open-xchange.com>:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 21:16:42 +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> Citeren Timo Sirainen <timo at sirainen.com>:
>> > !include_try ssl-keys.conf
>>
>> That will only work to include an optional configuration file and
>> suppress errors if it doesn't exist. I put
>>
>> ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/de-korte.org.key
>>
>> in a separate configuration file and it failed in a similar fashion,
>> just with another filename.
>
> I think the idea was that the file with the ssl_key line was only
> root-readable.  That way, non-privilged users will fail to include the file.
>
> Is that what you tried?

No, but you put me on the right track.

What is needed is to !include_try the whole previous SSL configuration
file only for root and to precede this by an include for a new one
which disables SSL completely. So first SSL will be disabled for all
users (including root) and only for root, the SSL configuration will
be loaded after that.