Tests failing on CentOS 6

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Aug 18 05:07:04 EEST 2020

On 17/08/20 9:17 pm, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Looks like it's a gcc bug. It's not initializing the end_of_lines field in the unit test. Since it's in the unit test only, it's not harmful. Of course, the same gcc bug could be hitting some important places in the code.. but that's not a new issue. Only this unit test is really new and exposing this issue.

i wasn't sure if it was the test that was the issue or the code that it
was testing which is why I'm reluctant to disable the unit tests unless
I have to.

> The problem goes away with:

Thanks for the patch, it does indeed fix the issue at hand.

I suppose the other way to deal with this might be to use gcc from
devtoolset 9, but I prefer to stick with the CentOS stock GCC if at all
possible.

Now I'm getting a different failure when building the i386 packages
which was already reported by someone else.  I will follow up on this
one in that thread.

Peter