Sieve scripts replication not working

Piotr Auksztulewicz dcml at hasiok.net
Tue Aug 18 23:07:06 EEST 2020

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 04:52:48PM +0200, Thore Bödecker wrote:
> On 18.08.20 16:40, Piotr Auksztulewicz wrote:
> > ----- doveconf -n -------
> > # 2.3.4.1 (f79e8e7e4): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
> > # Pigeonhole version 0.5.4 ()
> > # OS: Linux 4.19.0-8-amd64 x86_64 Debian 10.4
>
> It looks like your dovecot version is a bit outdated.
> There were numerous fixes in the 2.3 series regarding replication,
> especially with respect to sieve replication.

Thank you for information. I am using dovecot packaged for debian
stable release, and I like having updates managed by package system.
I will think what to do next - bother with compiling and installing
dovecot by myself, trying to install packages from unstable (which may
be tricky and may break some dependencies), running in a container
with debian unstable bootstrapped, or just living with it.

I could even make some cron job to sync scripts, or just run
sieve-connect twice. The serverB is just for backup anyway, I do not use
it for normal activity.

Piotr "Malgond" Auksztulewicz                     firstname at lastname.net