OT: SASL questions

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Aug 21 10:15:52 EEST 2020

On 21 Aug 2020, at 01:05, Richard Hector <richard at walnut.gen.nz> wrote:
> Is that a standard interface? ie can a client like postfix talk to
> either dovecot or cyrus without knowing the difference?

Yes. Postfix does not care, though I find it is easier to setup and more reliable to use dovecot (I've used both, YMMV).

> Are there others?

Those are the only two I have used. If there are others I've not seen them mentioned on the postfix list that I can recall.

> Is there a good reference to this somewhere, short of reading the RFCs?

The best bet is

	1) get a real cert.
	2) copy and existing configuration

> And is there any option (current or proposed) to let dovecot act as a
> client, rather than a server?

A client for…?

--
Tina... homecoming is spelled c *O* m