RHEL7/CentOS7 RPM of dovecot 2.3.11.3-3 seems to have dropped tcpwrap support

Gerald Galster list+dovecot at gcore.biz
Fri Aug 21 17:45:36 EEST 2020

> So is el8 truly incompatible with tcpwrap?  Or is it just too much
> effort to continue suport for every feature that was ever in the system?

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3906701

"The TCP Wrappers package has been deprecated in RHEL 7 and therefore it will not be available in RHEL 8 or later RHEL releases".

> If the former, might it be reasonable for a user to change the 8's in
> the code below to 9's?

No, because there is no tcp_wrappers/tcp_wrappers-devel package in RHEL8 anymore.

For reasons and alternatives, see: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Deprecate_TCP_wrappers

Best regards
Gerald