[EXT] Re: dovecot-SASL for Postfix: EXTERNAL does not work.

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Aug 21 18:48:43 EEST 2020

(I removed Wietse Venema from Cc:.)

Aki Tuomi wrote in
 <1972528099.4900.1598022980955 at appsuite-dev-gw1.open-xchange.com>:
 |Sorry for duplicate mail, I accidentically pressed too many keys... *sigh*

Sure.

 |Anyways, I'm not sure if you understood my point, I ment, have you \
 |tried EXTERNAL auth with https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/submission\
 |_server/ ?

No, i never did.  I had to look into this, i do not think this is
applicable?  LMTP?  The dovecot submission server, ok, as
a frontend for postfix, this is what you mean?  No, i have not
done this yet.  Start postfix on a different local port as
a submission_relay_host= target, then start dovecot submission on
:25, :587 and :465.  I will try this out, thanks for the
suggestion.

Ciao from Germany,

--steffen