zlib errors after upgrading

Robert Nowotny rnowotny at rotek.at
Mon Aug 31 13:22:43 EEST 2020

ok, I installed zstd successfully, it works - but how i re-compress
everything via dsync ? (on the same server?)

I did :

sudo doveadm backup -D -u "${mailbox_username}"
"mdbox:/home/vmail/virtualmailboxes/${mailbox_username}_backup"
sudo service dovecot stop
sudo mv "/home/vmail/virtualmailboxes/${mailbox_username}"
"/home/vmail/virtualmailboxes/${mailbox_username}_original"
sudo mv "/home/vmail/virtualmailboxes/${mailbox_username}_backup"
"/home/vmail/virtualmailboxes/${mailbox_username}"
sudo service dovecot start

but somehow that does not work correctly, thunderbird claims that
mailboxes are not existing, etc ...

so what is the correct way to recompress the mailboxes locally ?

Robert