Any RPMs for aarch64 available?

Fri Dec 4 16:02:03 EET 2020

On 12/4/20 4:29 AM, David Pottage wrote:

> On 2020-12-03 21:41, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>> Hey, I really appreciate Dovecot being available with standard repos
>> in repo.dovecot.org. I'm currently using the "CentOS 7" one on Amazon
>> Linux 2 and it works great for x86_64.
>>
>> I'm wondering if there are any plans for also providing arm builds
>> (aarch64) at some point? Or if they're available somewhere else
>> already? I may play around with compiling things myself, but just
>> downloading an official package is generally the easier way to go so I
>> thought it couldn't hurt to ask.
>
> It won't help you for CentOS, but the Debian project includes Arm64
> (AKA aarch64) as one of their standard supported processor architectures
> and dovecot is one of their many standard supported packages. eg:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/dovecot-core
>
> Is Arm64/aarch64 an official supported architecture in CentOS? If so I
> would
> look in the standard repositories for dovecot packages. If not then I
> would
> suggest that it is not a good idea to use an unsupported Disto/Arch combo
> unless you are very familiar with building everything from source.

Well, I'm actually on Amazon Linux 2, which is similar to (but isn't
quite the same as) RHEL/CentOS 7. Dovecot *is* in the standard packages,
but it's version 2.2.36-6.amzn2.1 and I was hoping to be on the latest
Dovecot 2.3 (which is what I'm doing now on my x86_64 server by just
adding repo.dovecot.org to my repo list). But maybe I should just stick
with what's built-in as you suggest if I want to make my life easier.

I'm not afraid of building from source, and in fact am already working
on doing that for Postfix. (And then I can get really crazy by trying to
link it against Openssl 1.1.1 rather than the the 1.0.2 that's on the
system by default.) I might just try building my own rpms (as a learning
experience for myself if nothing else), but it looks like under the
source RPMs in
http://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3-latest/centos/7/SRPMS/2.3.11.3-4_ce/ it
only has dovecot and dovecot-imaptest but not dovecot-pigeonhole, so it
may be even more of an adventure than I thought.

Is the process that makes RPMs for the repo.dovecot.org site a part of
the public Github somewhere? I can't find it there (though maybe I'm
just not looking in the right place). I'd like to reference it at the
very least if I could to see if I could replicate it for aarch64.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts!
--
Peter