Disallow acces via imap, but keep lmtp running

Jens Urban Jens.Urban at freenet.ag
Wed Dec 16 11:36:09 EET 2020

Hi Julian,

For migration solution in production I wrote a big Script that, the main steps (in this mail without error handling):

1.) Copy the complete user account to the new box by rsync (rysnc is faster than doveadm backup).
2.) Update new destination in a loop (min=2, max=10, retry on error 75): doveadm backup -u $USER tcp:${NEW_MBOX}:${DADM_PORT}
3.) Change LDAP to new destination and kick user on old box.
4.) Call a latest sync for possible new mails on old box:  doveadm sync -1  u $USER tcp:${NEW_MBOX}:${DADM_PORT}"

The Script has migrate millions of accounts in production. I use "parallel" to optimize the runtime.

Jens