Using dovecot with RoundCubeMail - where is the information for new mail in (blue coloured) directories?

Peter pch at myzel.net
Sun Dec 20 10:33:25 EET 2020

Am 19.12.20 um 15:53 schrieb David Morsberger:
> Phil,
>
> I looked around and this is deep in the Roundcube service side code. It
> is detecting a new message in a folder since the last time you viewed
> the contents of the folder.
>
> I see has the folder list items are changed through css and how the
> server side code is receiving the request to check for recent. It get
> complicated after that. I cannot determine if it is keep state in
> roundcube or making a call to the IMAP provider. I am leaning to
> roundcube state.

The server would be hard pressed: Several users may idle in the same
mailbox. If a message is new, then for whom exactly?

Thunderbird has a css selector to match "newMessages" too: It can be
used from userChrome.css to highlight folders, where there are messages,
that have not been there, when the folder was last opened. It wont ever
match the folder that is currently opened. This propertry is pure client
side state by definition.

Peter