Strategy for fts and Replication

Philon bytesplit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:39:08 EET 2020

Hi Francis,

next to fts-solr there was fts-lucene. But that Lucene there seems heavily outdated why the Dovecot docs also suggest using Solr. Elasticsearch probably is similar to Solr but the later is maintained by Dovecot team.

I started with downloading the Solr binary distribution to Debian with JRE preinstalled and things were running like after 10 min. Yes it’s a bit more complicated to find the schema and edit things like header size (in tips section). It’s running quite nicely since then and has zero maintenance.

As FTS indexes are separate in external Solr instance I’d guess that it won’t interfere with dsync. What I don’t know is if dsync’ing would trigger indexing. This brings me to wonder how one could actually replicate the Solr instance!?

Philon