Dovecot/doveadm quota

Martynas Bendorius martynas at martynas.it
Wed Feb 12 14:25:32 EET 2020

In webhosting customers usually see their physical disk usage used (quota on filesystem), and it causes a lot of confusion when numbers don't match with doveadm quota at all.

What's your opinion on these:
1) Should indexes (including FTS indexes stored in Maildir) be counted in the mail quota?
2) Shouldn't doveadm quota have a flag for real disk usage, so that if emails are compressed, their real size would be quoted?
3) Shouldn't dovecot rely on st_blocks instead of fstat's st_size? (a benefit for this: in this case converted maildir files without S=... would still be counted into the space used)

A short yes/no to 1, 2, 3 would be appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Best regards,
Martynas Bendorius