shared folder name or public folder with mail address

Armin Schindler Armin.Schindler at sysgo.com
Fri Feb 14 12:06:05 EET 2020

Hello!

we are about to move from cyrus to dovecot and have one open issue
for that migration.
With cyrus we have "shared/" folders with a name that is self defined like
  shared/project-xyz
but the email address for direct delivery to that folder my be different
(not project-xyz at domain.com).

With dovecot we try to have it similar (at least how the user sees it in the client)
like it is now.

When configuring a namespace of type=shared, I see in the docs the the prefix
can be configured with %%u , %%n or %%d. But is it possible to configure
the name different to the email address? E.g. to hide the email address of
that folder and show a nice name instead?

I also thought about using public namespace instead. Does this make sense here?
With public (maybe configured with prefix=shared/) folder I can set any name
as subdir in prefix, right?
So would this be more like what we have with cyrus shared folder?

If so, how could these public folders have an email address for direct mail delivery into?
Can something like a global sieve rule do that? Or can a public folder have an email address?

Thanks in advance.
Armin