Question about noreplicate flag

Bernardo Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Mon Feb 17 13:21:34 EET 2020

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> I wonder if we are doing the noreplicate too late. Can you try adding
> one of the non-overlapping users to the other site with noreplicate=y
> and see if helps?

Well that did it indeed! :)

I created the reinob at bbmk.org at the other server (just the line in the
passwd file, without creating any directory or anything) and the logs went
silent (mail_debug was off again, but it should not matter) concerning
that account.

Note that I can still see the "Error: sync: Unknown user in remote" for
other non-overlapping accounts (so it proves that your suggestion did it
and not some random/$DEITY intervention :)

So I guess for now the solution is to create "fake" accounts so that in
the end both servers have exactly the same accounts.

However it would still be nice if this was somehow corrected so as to work
as advertised :)

Thanks a million!
Bernardo.