Flush userdb cache entry

Tom Sommer mail at tomsommer.dk
Wed Feb 19 12:12:09 EET 2020

On 2020-02-19 10:14, Tom Sommer wrote:

> I have a problem when users change quota in SQL, the change is not
> reflected in Dovecot immediately so quota_warning is still triggered
> on some occasions.
> I think it's because the quota is stored in userdb, and there is no
> way to flush userdb cache?
>
> Is there a way to flush userdb entries?
> What controls userdb cache TTL/size? auth_cache entries?

Okay, I think I found the issue. userdb TTL keeps being pushed every
time a user logs in (like auth), so in a sense it will never expire if a
user logs in every minute.

I could run "doveadm auth cache flush -u foo at bar.com" on the director,
but it doesn't offer the [-S <socket_path>] option to proxy the command
to the current backend server.

Any chance of getting the [-S <socket_path>] option added to "doveadm
auth cache flush"?

---
Tom