Test failure on ARM: backtrace_append

Julien Lepiller julien at lepiller.eu
Thu Feb 20 22:49:39 EET 2020

Le 20 février 2020 13:37:20 GMT-05:00, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com> a écrit :

>> On 20/02/2020 20:31 Julien Lepiller <julien at lepiller.eu> wrote:

>(armhf).
>> >The Guix package fails to build because of a test error (see the
>last
>> >lines of the full build log:
>>
>>https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/f5if2qb5rsqag3a6jy5vga1l9hm9pkj0-dovecot-2.3.9.3).
>> >As the name suggests, this is dovecot 2.3.9.3, the latest version.
>> >Previous versions built fine, as well as the same version on x86 and
>> >x86_64. Note that the build on guix's build farm was done in a qemu
>vm,
>> >but I got the same test failure on real hardware.

>> >legitimate bug, or should I simply ignore that test for that
>> >architecture? Dovecot itself seems to be running fine when I ignore
>the
>> >tests.

>> >(sorry for the previous mail, client acted up...)
>> >
>> >Can you provide backtrace for the core file? This seems to be
>related
>> >to libunwind somehow.
>> >
>> >Aki
>>
>> I can try, but it will take me some time to rebuild. I forgot to keep
>the previous attempts. I think this is unrelated to libunwind since the
>asserts that fail are in the #elif case for libunwind. We don't build
>with libunwind (should we? What does it bring us?)
>
>Then it's somehow related into how the backtrace handling works in ARM.
>Anyways, cannot say anything without the core file.
>
>Aki

Thanks, it took me two hours to produce the core dump, but here it is. I suppose putting it as an attachment is not ok for a mailing list, so I put it on my server instead (tell me if you want it as an attachment instead, I couldn't find that info). See https://lepiller.eu/files/core (400KB) and https://lepiller.eu/files/test-lib (2.7MB) (the program that dumped core). Thanks for your help!