dovecot-uidlist....

Chi Min Wang cmwang at green-computing.com
Thu Feb 27 05:52:01 EET 2020

Hello Everyone:
       Is it possible to direct dovecot to modify dovecot-uidlist
automatically??  I have some user who use ancient MUA(i.e. Openwebmail)
and IMAP/POP3. Since Openwebmail will insert "Status: R" in the eml
file,the size of the eml file will increase by 10 bytes. If the user use
Openwebmail first,then the size record(S=xxxx) in dovecot-uidlist will
be fine. But if he use POP3/IMAP(dovecot) first then use Openwebmail,the
size record in dovecot-uidlist will not match the actual size modified
by Openwebmail. This will cause dovecot killed by core dump. I'm
wondering if there are any method to avoid this situation,Thanks!!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, and (ii) please
notify immediately the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete all copies of the email from your
system. Failure to follow this process may be unlawful. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.