doveadm acl recursive

Armin Schindler Armin.Schindler at sysgo.com
Fri Feb 28 15:28:12 EET 2020

Hello,

I try to set acl settings on a public folder including its subfolders.
There is no option for acting recursive. But the documentation says
wildcards can be given on the mailbox name. But this doesn't work.
No matter how the mailbox name is provided with a wildcard, doveadm
always tells Mailbox doesn't exist.

Folder example:
public/project1
public/project1/subdir1
public/project1/subdir2
public/project1/subdir2/subsubdir3

Setting acl on the given mailbox works for all of them.
But how can I set for "public/project1" and all its subfolders
in one command?

Even "doveadm mailbox list" gives the error above when using wildcard.
(I also tried all combinations of quotes).

Armin