2FA for Dovecot

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 04:33:52 EET 2020

You don't say what sort of 2FA you're considering, but wouldn't you just tell Dovecot to use PAM, and then extend PAM to use a 2FA module. For example there's a Google Auth one available in the second link below.

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/pam/
https://github.com/google/google-authenticator-libpam

P.
(Not a dovecot expert, although I know a fair amount about Linux)