Is it possible to enable push notifications for iOS/macOS mail clients on a stock dovecot?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jan 9 09:28:10 EET 2020

This requires the ongoing use of macOS Server (as does the patch that is part of the MacPorts port of dovecot2). The issue then is: how do you keep getting certificates for push mail if mail services have been removed from macOS Server? I can configure this today but on Oct 20, my apns certificate expires. Then what?

Gerben Wierda
Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture
Mastering ArchiMate
Architecture for Real Enterprises at InfoWorld
On Slippery Ice at EAPJ