Dovecot HA/Resilience

Adrian Minta adrian.minta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 22:12:23 EET 2020

Yes, but it works for small systems if you set IP source address
persistence on LB or even better, if you set priority to be
Active/Standby. I couldn't find a good example with dovecot director and
backend on the same server, so adding another two machines seems
overkill for small setups.

If someone has a working example for this please make it public !

Quote from https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Director

"Director and Backend in same server (broken)
NOTE: This feature never actually worked. It would require further
development to fix (director would need to add "proxy" field to extra
fields and notify auth that the auth_request can be freed)."

Also:

https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2012-May/135600.htm

https://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-June/083983.html

--