dovecot cannot drop privileges inside singularity container

cesco cesco at esiliati.org
Wed Jan 15 15:26:55 EET 2020

Hi,

thank you for your response.

seems that singularity does not limit capabilities in containers running
as root. the capabilities are the same inside and outside of the container.

the only difference is that inside the container the securebit
SECURE_NO_SETUID_FIXUP is set and locked
if this is the reason, perhaps I should find a way to change this
securebit setting in singularity

thanks
nzasch