Using dsync for a single mailbox?

Wim Lewis wiml at hhhh.org
Thu Jan 23 07:50:34 EET 2020

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, Sami Ketola wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2020, at 8.37, Wim Lewis <wiml at hhhh.org> wrote:
>> (or variations on that, e.g. with -n namespace). It successfully logs
>> in to the remote imapd, but doesn't decide to transfer anything. If I
>> leave off the "-m mailbox_name" it does start traversing the remote
>> maibox hierarchy, but I really don't want it to transfer everything ---
>> just some specific mailboxes.
>>
>> One thing that's unclear to me is exactly what strings I should pass to
>> the -n and -m flags. Do I specify a namespace by its local prefix, or
>> its remote prefix, or its name in the config file, or ... ? And mailbox
>> names? How does dsync map remote to local names?
>>

> Hi,
>
> can you then add "-o imapc_rawlog_dir=/desti/nation/" where doveadm
> process can write rawlogs for the transfer. That probably reveals what
> goes wrong in the session.

The IMAP traffic looks about like I'd expect --- the mailbox in question
shows up in both the LIST and LSUB responses, and doveadm-sync doesn't
issue any more commands after those before LOGOUT.

/tmp/rawlogs/20200122-211154.743.1.in:
1579756317.291315 * LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" mailbox_name
1579756317.292634 * LSUB () "/" mailbox_name