submission proxy -- where to config/present client cert?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:09:09 EEST 2020

On 7/20/20 4:42 AM, Siavash Tavakoli wrote:

> On 19/07/2020 18:18, PGNet Dev wrote:

>> What in my dovecot submission config^^ do I need to change/add to get it to 'present' a client cert to the postfix relay for client cert verification?

> Submission uses the global outgoing ssl settings:

> https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/core/#ssl-client-cert

> https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/core/#ssl-client-key

well _that_ should have been obvious ... sigh.

works perfectly.
  thx!

it might be useful to have those client cert/key mentioned in the 'example' 10-ssl.conf,

 grep ssl_client conf.d/10-ssl.conf

  # RedHat-based systems. Note that ssl_client_ca_file isn't recommended with

  #ssl_client_ca_dir =

  #ssl_client_ca_file =

  #ssl_client_require_valid_cert = yes

and, a minor typo @ https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/core/#ssl-client-key

	ssl_client_key

	Default: <empty>

	Client certificate private key used in outgoing SSL connections.

	Example Setting:

		ssl_client_cert = </etc/dovecot/dovecot-client.crt

should be

-	ssl_client_cert = </etc/dovecot/dovecot-client.crt

+	ssl_client_key  = </etc/dovecot/dovecot-client.key

thanks again!