Running doveadm without config file?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 02:30:20 EEST 2020

Sami Ketola <sami.ketola at dovecot.fi> writes:

>> I tried this with /dev/null and /tmp/empty.conf but ran into another wall
>>
>> 	doveadm(root): Fatal: execv(/usr/bin/doveconf) failed: No such file or directory
>
> How did you install dovecot on that system since /usr/bin/doveconf is part of the base package?

Manual install: not using a package manager.  (I've edited the doveconf
location, but you've outed me.)  I was hoping to get "doveadm pw"
working on non-dovecot servers without having to provide seemingly
irrelevant dependencies, but it's probably more bother than its worth.
Thanks, anyways.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>