Packages for CentOS 8

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Jun 1 18:02:37 EEST 2020

On 2/06/20 1:49 am, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>> we are still waiting for CentOS 8 Repo for current Dovecot version from
>> here https://repo.dovecot.org/. Do you have an idea when it will come?
>> Who does it maintain? Is it the Dovecot team?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tobias
>
> Yes, it's maintained by us. We are working on it and hopefully we are able to publish next release for CentOS8. There are unfortunately some package dependency issues which are not yet fixed in CentOS8, so let's hope those are fixed before we do our release.

Aki: If you're talking about quota-devel it has been available now from
CentOS in the Devel repo for a while.  If you're talking about
tcp_wrappers-devel, that is not available and I don't think it ever will
be because CentOS 8 has obsoleted tcp wrappers.  I have simply disabled
tcp wrappers functionality in my GhettoForge build.  I'm not aware of
any other missing dependencies.

Tobias: You are more than welcome to use the packages from GhettoForge
which are now in the gf-plus repo.  I would love to hear feedback if you
have any issues with them.

Peter