Error deleting INBOX when doing an imap sync

Des Magner des at icandriveatractor.com
Wed Jun 3 13:17:33 EEST 2020

Hi

I am trying to set up a new mail server with dovecot. I got it all
installed and set up successfully but am running into problems trying to
migrate from my current email server. I tried the following command:

doveadm -Dv -o imapc_host=[current-imap-host] -o
imapc_user=[current-user] -o imapc_password=[password] -o
imapc_features=rfc822.size -o mail_fsync=never backup -R -u [user] imapc:

It connects fine but eventually fails with the following errors:

     dsync([user]): Error: Mailbox INBOX sync: mailbox_delete failed:
INBOX can't be deleted.

     dsync([user]): Debug: brain S: Remote mailbox tree: INBOX
guid=[xxx] uid_validity=1591096439 uid_next=1 subs=no last_change=0
last_subs=0

     dsync([user] Debug: imapc([current-imap-host]:143): Disconnected

I am guessing the new INBOX is not compatible with the Inbox on my
current mail server so it is trying to delete it. If so is there a way I
can change my configuration to allow it to be deleted?