Error deleting INBOX when doing an imap sync

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:48:08 EEST 2020

On 03/06/2020 18.17, Des Magner wrote:
>     dsync([user]): Error: Mailbox INBOX sync: mailbox_delete failed: INBOX can't be deleted.

Pretty sure I experienced this. I think what its telling you is the destination mailbox already exists, and it doesn't want to delete it. This is probably because you tried some syncs before, maybe unsuccessfully.

So, if you clear out the destination mail directory and re-try the backup, it should work. Or maybe if you've already backed up a load of emails into the destination, you might like to look at one-way sync instead? I haven't tried this myself, and don't know if it works, so will defer to other far wiser people on this list.

P.