executing script on mail arrival from sieve

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Thu Jun 11 14:24:56 EEST 2020

I currently have a basic script to process some mails, it runs from cron
every 10 minutes, basically, sieve copies some mails to subfolder on mail
arrival, script fetches mails if any from this subfolder then processes
these mail, get maybe 1 or 2 or often none
but cron runs the script every 10 minutes, most times not needed as
nothing is retrieved
it's pretty crude - but works

getmail fetches mails to local folder, deletes in subfolder
munpack mailfile to unMIME
links dumps HTML to txt

looking at wiki2, 'Pigeonhole Sieve Extprograms Plugin', is this what
would allow to execute my script on new mail arrival?

I can't quite figure out how to.. if anyone has any sample, I might try to
adapt to my need.. thanks (probably I should just leave like it is till I
understand the docs...)

thanks, V