LMTP-Process stays in RCPT TO state

Pascal Christen pascal.christen at hostpoint.ch
Tue Jun 23 17:01:29 EEST 2020

Hi Stephan

We tried it again last week with the latest dovecot version and still having the same issue. The whole setup works perfectly fine with the latest version of dovecot 2.2

The problem only exists if the quota of the user is full, every other message gets delivered without a problem, and the lmtp process change back to READY state. But in this case, it stays in the "RCPT TO” forever. I’ve talked to ‘cmouse’ today on the IRC and he recommended continue here.

kdump and lmtp debug logs: https://pastebin.com/raw/MSVcj6qN <https://pastebin.com/raw/MSVcj6qN> & And from the backend I only have a tcpdump from another process but it's always the same behaviour: https://pastebin.com/tVj842Dq <https://pastebin.com/tVj842Dq>

If it doesn’t help, please let me know which logfiles exactly would help and would make the difference ;)

Greetings Pascal