dovecot fts configuration without solr

Danilo Tomasoni danilo.tomasoni at cryptolab.net
Wed Jun 24 09:54:48 EEST 2020

For xapian setup I followed the readme in the github repo.

After the dovecot restart, the main problem was that the initial
batch-indexing is very slow.

When I sent my first email I thought fts-xapian was just looping
endlessly because I wasn't unable nor to search, nor to move emails from
folders (I'm using roundcube 1.4.3 as a web client and k9-mail as an
android client) but now that a full day passed, the system is in a
better shape:

I can search and also move emails from folders, even if expecially the
process of moving to spam folder or to junk folder is slow.. but this
maybe also for the learn-spam hooks configured with sieve.

Probably I was just used to a faster indexing and search speed with
clucene.

Since today things does seem to work even if the performance (till now)
seem to be worse I will stick with xapian.

Thank you for your help!

Danilo