Quota plugin and director

Simone Lazzaris simone.lazzaris at qcom.it
Tue Mar 10 12:18:01 EET 2020

Hello dovecot!
I administer a dovecot installation with 30k users. I've got 4 dovecot directors as frontend
and 10 backends.
The mailbox are now in maildir format, with maildir++ quota, on a shared netapp filer.
Indexes are local on each backend.

I'm reconfiguring the quota plugin: as a first step, I want to use the clone plugin to keep a
copy of the quota on a redis database. Next, I'm going to use the "count" quota backend.

I've configured without (many) issues the quota clone plugin, but now I want to force the
recalculation on all the mailboxes, because I've got some (not many, but some) mailboxes
that are mostly unused and are not refreshed.

At first, I was going to use "doveadm quota recalc -A", but.... I want each backend to perform
the recalculation ONLY for the users he it's managing.
I can't perform "doveadm quota recalc -A" on the directors, because the quota plugin is
enabled only on the backends.

I can parse the user mapping on the directors and split the calculation, one user a time, on
the backends, but I feel I'm choosing a overly complicated path.

So.... which is the right way to do this?

Thanks.

--
*Simone Lazzaris*
*Qcom S.p.A. a Socio Unico*

Via Roggia Vignola, 9 | 24047 Treviglio (BG)T +39 0363 47905 | D +39 0363 1970352

simone.lazzaris at qcom.it[1] | www.qcom.it[2]
* LinkedIn[3]* | *Facebook*[4]

--------
[1] mailto:simone.lazzaris at qcom.it