lmtp and recipient_delimiter

Martin Johannes Dauser mdauser at cs.sbg.ac.at
Sun Mar 15 23:37:40 EET 2020

Yes, of course . By setting the delimiter "-", the address foo-bar at ex.tld becomes foo at ex.tld . Postfix seems to have a special interpretation of "+-" as it is compatible to qmail extension (another smtp server), which seems to have "-" hardcoded as delimiter. So I guess postfix is using "+" OR "-" as delimiter...

foo-bar at ex.tld
foo+bar at ex.tld
foo+-bar at ex.tld
... would all be sent to foo at ex.tld  ??

From  http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_delimiter
# Handle both Postfix and qmail extensions (Postfix 2.11 and later).
recipient_delimiter = +-

(Who would need such a compatibility option -- I mean where is the use case ?!)
Martin