Headsup on feature removal

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Mar 19 03:01:55 EET 2020

>>>>> "Alessio" == Alessio Cecchi <alessio at skye.it> writes:

Alessio> Hi Aki and Remo,
Alessio> switch from vpopmail driver to SQL driver (if you are using vpopmail with mysql as backend) is
Alessio> very simple.

Alessio> First you need to setup the right query for vpopmail database:

Alessio> # cat /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext

Alessio> ### Vpopmail
Alessio> driver = mysql
Alessio> connect = host=192.168.1.2 dbname=vpopmail user=vpopmail password=Vp0pM4iL
Alessio> default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT

Alessio> ### Query to get a list of all usernames.
Alessio> iterate_query = SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS user FROM vpopmail

Alessio> ### user_query for vpopmail

Alessio> user_query = SELECT pw_dir AS home, 89 AS uid, 89 AS gid,
Alessio> concat('*:backend=', pw_shell) AS quota_rule FROM vpopmail
Alessio> WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d'

Careful!  You need to explain that 89 is the UID and GID of the
vpopmail user account?  Or some other account?  I don't use either of
these auth methods, but this just struck me a a little magical.