Quota plugin and director

Simone Lazzaris simone.lazzaris at qcom.it
Thu Mar 19 10:06:02 EET 2020

In data mercoledì 18 marzo 2020 23:08:27 CET, Alessio Cecchi ha scritto:
> Ciao Simone,
>
> why you want each backend to recalc quota only for its managed users and
> not run "doveadm quota recalc -A" only one time from a backend tha
> recalc quota for all users?

Because the indexes are local to the backends.

If I make the recalc from one backend only, that one will have to reindex all the messages,
and it will have the indexes for all users, while right now (and if every backend processes only
its users) every backend has 1/10 of all the indexes.

And another point: I want to switch to count backend (now I'm using maildir++). With this
backend, the quota is memorized on the indexes, but if I make all the recalc on one backend
only, the others will not have the correct quota on their indexes.

Right now I've written a python script that iterates over the users, asks to the frontend (via
doveadm http) which is the current backend, and then connect (again, doveadm http) to
that to perform the recalculation.

A bit slow but working.

--
*Simone Lazzaris*
*Qcom S.p.A. a Socio Unico*

Via Roggia Vignola, 9 | 24047 Treviglio (BG)T +39 0363 47905 | D +39 0363 1970352

simone.lazzaris at qcom.it[1] | www.qcom.it[2]
* LinkedIn[3]* | *Facebook*[4]

--------
[1] mailto:simone.lazzaris at qcom.it