.dovecot.sieve.log/tmp failed: Not a directory

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Thu Mar 19 10:10:37 EET 2020

Hello

I am running Dovecot 2.3.9 for IMAP access with RainLoop webmail and have noticed for an account where I have some filters setup that I get the following error messages in the dovecot log file:

Mar 17 19:02:50 mbox dovecot: imap(mail at domain.tld)<10511><ubAzvhCh1N2yxeu/>: Error: stat(/var/vmail/domain.tld/mail/.dovecot.sieve/tmp) failed: Not a directory
Mar 17 19:02:50 mbox dovecot: imap(mail at domain.tld)<10511><ubAzvhCh1N2yxeu/>: Error: stat(/var/vmail/domain.tld/mail/.dovecot.sieve.log/tmp) failed: Not a directory

This happens when I access the Dovecot mailbox server using an iphone. Also on the iphone I see these "mail" folders but they are not really mail folders... With Thunderbird as mail client it looks all good and I don't get this error.

Is this normal? if not, how can I prevent this issue?

Regards,
Mabi