Headsup on feature removal

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Mar 19 20:49:57 EET 2020

>>>>> "Alessio" == Alessio Cecchi <alessio at skye.it> writes:

Alessio> Il 19/03/20 02:01, John Stoffel ha scritto:
Alessio> ### user_query for vpopmail

Alessio> user_query = SELECT pw_dir AS home, 89 AS uid, 89 AS gid,
Alessio> concat('*:backend=', pw_shell) AS quota_rule FROM vpopmail
Alessio> WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d'

Alessio>     Careful!  You need to explain that 89 is the UID and GID of the
Alessio>     vpopmail user account?  Or some other account?  I don't use either of
Alessio>     these auth methods, but this just struck me a a little magical.

Alessio> what you said is true but historically in vpopmail
Alessio> environments uid and gid are usually hardcoded at 89

Alessio> Anyone can check their uid and gid with "id vpopmail" command
Alessio> from shell and update as necessary.

Thanks for the clarification, hopefully this helps other people having
to move.

John