Understanding doveadm rebuild

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Thu Mar 26 11:53:27 EET 2020

Greetings,

I'm trying to understand if the doveadm rebuild command is suited to fix a
problem we have on a customers platform.

The customer uses sdbox in combination with SIS and for $REASONS dovecot
cannot find the attachements anymore. They are there, but the references to
them in the messages seem to be wrong.

Is that what the rebuild subcommand has been made for? Will it e.g. scan the
messages for attachment references and try to find them in the SIS storage
location and then fix the references in messages?

TIA,

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München