Help with migration to Dovecot from raw files

Stefano Antonelli dovecot at intheworks.ca
Thu Mar 26 21:03:29 EET 2020

On 2020-03-26 03:37, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> You could try something simple like just
>
> for n in *; do cat $n | doveadm save -u targetuser; done

Thank you.  This "works" in that it renames the files for me.  However,

1. the filename timestamps are all similar (ie. time of import)
2. the emails showed up in new rather than cur
3. the emails are unseen.

The seen state can probably be fixed after the fact using doveadm flags,
but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it with the doveadm save
command.

I'd also like the filenames to reflect their original timestamps, not
the time of import.  Is that possible using doveadm?

> or if the IceWarp has IMAP interface, you could try
>
> doveadm -o imapc_host=hostname -o imapc_user=username -o
> imapc_password=password sync -1R targetuser imapc:

The server is down for good.  All I have are files.

Thanks,
Stef