Urgent - Help needed

Kishore Potnuru kishore.reachme at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:45:04 EEST 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies and Suggestions. But, I still not clear on my
question. But It's live production server. At present I cannot make any
changes to it. That will take a long process to make any on this server. At
present my concern is,

To my server (dovecot, postfix, POP3/Imap  protocol), I am getting the
emails in my dovecot structured directory "Maildir/new". Once the
person/application (example: Microsoft Outlook) read the email, they are
moving to "Maildir/cur". If they are deleting the file from Outlook, that
will be deleted from the "Maildir/cur" folder also. I have Outlook as an
example here. few email boxes are accessed by Outlook and few more email
boxes are accessed by an application, where they configure in their
application/outlook, to point out my server to read/access the emails.

I am repeating the same question again, From our server (where postfix,
dovecot with pop3/imap protocol installed) knowing any ways (logs,
incidents,alerts or any) that Outlook or application read/accessed/deleted
the email which is in "Maildir/new" or "Maildir/cur" folder? This is my
current issue.

I am sorry for more concerning you guys asking the same question again and
again. I am trying find the exact/correct answer on my current issue. I am
new to this environment and new to dovecot/postfix also. working from last
3 to 6 months. This environment was designed by some other guy who left the
company. I had to take this responsibility to support. I am kind of bit
struggling.  Please help.

Thanks,
Kishore Potnuru