Ms Exchange vs dovecot

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Sat May 9 14:21:09 EEST 2020

I was wondering about the sieve rules, because I thought they were
executed during mail delivery in the lmtp process. You can also 'guess'
this a bit from syntax of the rules or the single file they are stored
in. Thus if you 'drag' messages between folders, they are not executed.

Off topic:
I know Exchange is a different solution. What I think is stupid, is that
they store mail in a database still. Making it difficult to scale. (I
wonder if they have such solution in their cloud) Better would be per
user of course. I also do not like that they try and push users to their
cloud with all this 365 advertising in the on premises solution. Sooner
or later on premises will be gone.

Public folder is not removed, they were thinking of it, and community
complained (afaik), so they kept it, still there in 2019. (although
changed)