service doveadm - how to debug proxying with director

patosec patosec at freedaten.at
Thu May 28 12:05:40 EEST 2020

Am 5/28/2020 um 10:22 AM schrieb Sami Ketola:

>> On 28. May 2020, at 11.12, patosec <patosec at freedaten.at> wrote:
>>
>> A 'doveadm user -u test at test.com' command on the backend host:
>> userdb: test at test.com
>>    user      : test at test.com
>>    home      : /var/spool/imap/test at test.com
>>    quota     : maildir:User quota
>>    quota_rule: *:storage=1048576:messages=153000
>>
>> A 'doveadm user -u test at test.com' command on the director host:
>> userdb: test at test.com
>>    user      : test at test.com
>>
> doveadm user is executed locally as director has its own userdb. try doveadm mailbox list -u <uid>
>
> Sami

Thanks alot! That brought me into the right direction, with "doveadm
mailbox list -u <uid>" I got an usefull error message! somehow
doveadm_password ist not working that way:
local 0.0.0.0 {
   doveadm_password = secret
}

I had to set it without the local x.x.x.x part, now it works :)
I though will investigate this further, if this ip limitation with local
is not working I need to setup iptables to restrict the access, but I
don't really want to go this direction.

Thanks!